Public Evangelism Resources
By Jose Cortes, Jr.
Memorial Day gives us the opportunity to remember those who have given their lives in service for our nation; the selfless men and women, whom through their ultimate sacrifice, have helped to secure our personal and spiritual freedom, as well as an unparalleled way of life. It is because of them that we are able to live without terror, worship without fear, give without restraint, and serve without limit.
Today, we honor our fallen heroes, among whom we count many Seventh-day Adventists, who proudly served our country. We pray for the comfort and hope of their surviving families and encourage our members to reach out with compassion to these fathers, mothers, boys, and girls, letting them know how much we appreciate their sacrifice and that of their loved ones. On this Memorial Day, I encourage you and your church to make a call, sign a book, hug a family member, and say thank you to those who have served, still serve, or mourn the loss of one of our heroes.
We also look forward to the Second Coming of Jesus, the time, when deployments will end and war will be no more, when death will ultimately be defeated, and peace will reign forever.
- Pastor Jose Cortes Jr.,
Associate Ministerial Director for Evangelism
North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists
- Compassion Boston - A Historic Evangelistic Journey in the Northeast
- Different at the Expense of God’s Love?
- A Lifestyle of Compassion is Real Evangelism by Jose Cortes Jr.
- Truth that is not Afraid of Innovation!
- Season Of Service, Fueled by Compassion by Roger Hernandez
- A Movement Must Have Momentum
- Offertory Reading Appeal for April 30, 2016
- Day of Hope & Compassion - Columbia, MD Projects Signup Form
- A Grand Collaboration of Effort and Spirit for Mission
- Rules for the Digital Road
- Compassion 10Million
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - January 29, 2016
- Some of Our Churches Are Dying, Why Plant More?
- The Story of The Grace Place
- Compassion and the Christmas Season
- Plant 1000 - #plant1000
- Day of Hope & Compassion - #dayofhope #compassion10m
- Compassion 10 Million - #compassion10m
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - Special Year End Meetings 2015 Edition (Initiatives & Funding)
- A Turning Point in Adventist Evangelism in North America
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - September 30, 2015
- My Visit with a Homeless Pastor
- Seven Days Without - Episode #1
- Seven Days Homeless Video Report
- Seven Days Without - Episode #2
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - August 21, 2015
- Evangelism Shark Tank Update #1 - Pastor Mike Dauncey, Aldergrove Adventist Church, British Columbia Conference, Canada
- A Conspiracy in North America (Part 2)
- Is Your Church Visitor Friendly?
- A Conspiracy in North America
- Two $50,000.00 Grants for Transformational Evangelism Distributed
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - July 23, 2015
- Compassion Boston—10,000 Meals
- Evangelism Shark Tank - Over $120,000.00 Given Out for Innovative Evangelism Initiatives
- Young Adults & College Students ONLY - COMPASSION Austin - Tuesday, June 30, 2015 (8:30 AM - 12:30 PM)
- Evangelism Shark Tank Finalists
- Get Out and Venture Outside the Walls
- Memorial Day Message
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - May 21, 2015
- Planting More SEEDS
- Who Can the Church Love?
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - April 24, 2015
- Global Mission Report: $360,000.00 Distributed Among 50 New Church Plants
- What is Your Church Doing For Community Mothers on Mother's Day Weekend
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - March 18, 2015
- More Compassion in San Antonio by Armando Miranda Jr.
- A Miracle in the Making
- Forever Relevant
- Seven Days of Miracles
- The First Thing You Do at a New Church
- Current Experiences in Personal Evangelism
- Answering the Ultimate Question
- Fishing with Crickets
- NY13 Begins Health Outreach with Let's Move Day
- In Behalf of Some of Us
- Finding Christ in Sin City
- North American Evangelism: Important Information