Sacred Family Circle
At Home Resources
A New Resource for Pastoral Families
By Ivan Williams and Donna Jackson
We get that pastoral families are busy. Very busy. And we recognize that there are many great resources targeting families. So why have we invested in one more and why do we ask you to spend some of your valuable time checking it out?
The most recent research on Adventist ministerial families in the North American Division was conducted by Andrews University and Southern Adventist University, released in 2013. The results, referenced in several of the articles in this resource, At Home: Conversation Starters, reveal that pastoral families in our territory have some significant vulnerabilities that warrant addressing.
We also recognize that these vulnerabilities are set in the midst of the digital revolution which is drastically changing the way our families learn, play, interact, and even worship.
Thus, we have created an original resource—At Home: Conversation Starters—to assist in strengthening, enriching, and restoring their families.
Our goals for this resource:
- Easily accessible – It is digital and free – available on the NAD Resource app, our website, and soon on the Adventist Learning Community.
- Interactive and practical – It includes conversation starters, family worship outlines, and other activities.
- Fresh and informative – Ten topics are explored with embedded short video vignettes featuring four pastoral families dialoguing on topics from the seemingly frivolous to the (potentially) deadly serious. For those desiring to go deeper into the topic, some suggested resources are listed.
- Useful – This resource can be used in a variety of settings, including pastoral family discussions, by ministerial directors, and in conference workers meetings.
Since At Home: Conversation Starters is the first in a series, we invite you to give your feedback as to what was useful for your family and what could be improved.
The Lord bless and keep your family. The Lord turn His face toward your family and give you peace.
Additional links on this topic:
- DUELING WITH STRESS
- Forgiveness: The Journey
- Hope Beyond Tears: Healing for Depression
- Living Within Your Means
- Moving . . . again? Ways to help your family during a move
- No More Banging Doors: Healthy Communication in the Ministerial Family
- Parenting at the Parsonage
- Social Media Accepted
- Strategies for Freedom from Pornography
- Surviving a Marriage Crisis
- Tax Man Comes
- Teen suicide prevention: Identifying the warning signs and getting help for a suicidal child