Public Evangelism Resources
Over $120,000.00 were distributed to the 15 brave, innovative, passionate about outreach Pastors and Finalists of the Evangelism Shark Tank, during the CALLED Ministerial Convention in Austin. The finalists had been chosen from a very large group of applicants prior to the Convention.
Each night of the convention, 5 Pastors, from across the North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists, presented their innovative and compassionate Transformational Evangelism initiatives to a ballroom filled with colleagues and family members, including Conference and Union Presidents, and North American Division leaders, who came to support them.
They also presented to and were grilled with difficult and important questions by the five judges, also known as the Evangelism Sharks, who ultimately scored each initiative and decided on the five winners for each night. The Judges were: Kumar Dixit (British Columbia Conference), Roger Hernandez (Southern Union), Sung Kwon (North American Division), Tara VinCross (REACH, Columbia Union), and Jesse Wilson (Oakwood College).
On the last session of the CALLED Convention, Pastor Jose Cortes Jr., NAD Associate Ministerial Director for Evangelism, presented each one of the Finalists with a giant check, which they took back to their local churches to implement the initiatives presented during the Evangelism Shark Tank.
Following is a list of the 15 Finalists and the Awards:
5th Place - $2,000.00 & 2 Free ACS Registrations for Non Profit Leadership Certification Program
Ricardo Daphnis - Southeastern Conference, Southern Union
Elim Lopez - Southern New England Conference, Atlantic Union
Tony Sandoval - Georgia Cumberland, Southern Union
4th Place - $3,000.00 & 2 Free ACS Registrations for Non Profit Leadership Certification Program
Robert Hayes - Florida Conference, Southern Union
David McCoy - Oregon Conference, North Pacific Union
Sukho Shon - Arizona Conference, Pacific Union
3rd Place - $5,000.00 & 2 Free ACS Registrations for Non Profit Leadership Certification Program
William J. Lee Sr. - Lake Region Conference, Lake Union
Taurus Montgomery - Michigan Conference, Lake Union
Wendy Witas - Northern California Conference, Pacific Union
2nd Place - $10,000.00 & 2 Free ACS Registrations for Non Profit Leadership Certification Program
Fred Batten - South Central Conference, Southern Union
Keith Hackle Jr. - Central States Conference, Mid America Union
Adam Keating - Texas Conference, Southwestern Union
1st Place - $20,000.00 & 2 Free ACS Registrations for Non Profit Leadership Certification Program
John T. Bolton - Allegheny West, Columbia Union
Mike Dauncey - British Columbia Conference, Canadian Union
MyRon P. Edmonds - Allegheny West, Columbia Union
In the upcoming issues of Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism we will publish each initiative and provide updates from the Pastors of their development at their local churches and communities.
- Compassion Boston - A Historic Evangelistic Journey in the Northeast
- Different at the Expense of God’s Love?
- A Lifestyle of Compassion is Real Evangelism by Jose Cortes Jr.
- Truth that is not Afraid of Innovation!
- Season Of Service, Fueled by Compassion by Roger Hernandez
- A Movement Must Have Momentum
- Offertory Reading Appeal for April 30, 2016
- Day of Hope & Compassion - Columbia, MD Projects Signup Form
- A Grand Collaboration of Effort and Spirit for Mission
- Rules for the Digital Road
- Compassion 10Million
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - January 29, 2016
- Some of Our Churches Are Dying, Why Plant More?
- The Story of The Grace Place
- Compassion and the Christmas Season
- Plant 1000 - #plant1000
- Day of Hope & Compassion - #dayofhope #compassion10m
- Compassion 10 Million - #compassion10m
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - Special Year End Meetings 2015 Edition (Initiatives & Funding)
- A Turning Point in Adventist Evangelism in North America
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - September 30, 2015
- My Visit with a Homeless Pastor
- Seven Days Without - Episode #1
- Seven Days Homeless Video Report
- Seven Days Without - Episode #2
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - August 21, 2015
- Evangelism Shark Tank Update #1 - Pastor Mike Dauncey, Aldergrove Adventist Church, British Columbia Conference, Canada
- A Conspiracy in North America (Part 2)
- Is Your Church Visitor Friendly?
- A Conspiracy in North America
- Two $50,000.00 Grants for Transformational Evangelism Distributed
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - July 23, 2015
- Compassion Boston—10,000 Meals
- Evangelism Shark Tank - Over $120,000.00 Given Out for Innovative Evangelism Initiatives
- Young Adults & College Students ONLY - COMPASSION Austin - Tuesday, June 30, 2015 (8:30 AM - 12:30 PM)
- Evangelism Shark Tank Finalists
- Get Out and Venture Outside the Walls
- Memorial Day Message
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - May 21, 2015
- Planting More SEEDS
- Who Can the Church Love?
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - April 24, 2015
- Global Mission Report: $360,000.00 Distributed Among 50 New Church Plants
- What is Your Church Doing For Community Mothers on Mother's Day Weekend
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - March 18, 2015
- More Compassion in San Antonio by Armando Miranda Jr.
- A Miracle in the Making
- Forever Relevant
- Seven Days of Miracles
- The First Thing You Do at a New Church
- Current Experiences in Personal Evangelism
- Answering the Ultimate Question
- Fishing with Crickets
- NY13 Begins Health Outreach with Let's Move Day
- In Behalf of Some of Us
- Finding Christ in Sin City
- North American Evangelism: Important Information