Ministerial Spouses Association
Ministerial Spouse Leaders Toolkit
Rebecque Johnson, ministerial spouse leader in the Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada, was raised along the California coast and now resides in Oshawa, Ontario with her husband, Mark. They have three children and two grandchildren. Becky's enthusiasm for life and creative flare overflows into her hobbies and joys such as: drawing, painting, sewing and plying strangers with interesting questions (featured in the Messenger). To Becky, the word "stranger" is just a person she hasn't met yet.
My Faithful God (pdf)
When my brother, Dannie, and I were growing up, our dad was a school teacher. He was paid once a month, and sometimes the money just barely made it to the end of the month. You could tell which months those were by what we ate. Suppers would be soup and crackers, and lunches at school would be just a bean and pickle sandwich or a cream cheese sandwich with peanuts. Both were good, but the bean sandwich was very messy.
One evening, my parents were talking to each other, and Dad said, "We have no more money, and we have a week to go before payday."
Mom wasn't sure we had enough food to last that long. We sat on the couch for worship, and then knelt for prayer. After prayer, Dannie sat back down on the couch and did the oddest thing. He put his hands behind him and slid his hands past the cushions and deep into the couch. He pulled out a coin purse and handed it to our mom.
"Where did you get this from, Dannie?" she asked, unable to disguise her shock.
He told her he found it in the couch. She looked inside the purse and discovered a bunch of money. She called everyone she could think of who had been there during the last month and asked each one if they had lost a coin purse with money in it, but each person she asked said, "No." My parents took the money out and counted it. There was just enough to carry them through until the next pay check.
My Dad said, "When you are faithful in paying your tithe, God is always faithful in helping you."
Through my life, God has proven again and again to me that when I am faithful in giving to Him
first, He is always faithful in keeping His word.
- Building a Team
- Director's Introduction Letter
- Forsaken by Parents but Taken in By God
- Ministerial Spouses Keep it Real Responses
- NAD Mission, Vision, Values and Objectives
- Questions for a pastor’s spouse …
- Only by Love
- Delighting in God
- Enjoying the Closeness of God
- God, Show Me How to Love You
- Resources for Parents re Education
- When Loss is Gain
- On the Ministerial Spouse Journey
- Identifying Your Place as a Minister's Spouse
- Married to a Minister
- Coaches Training for Pastors' Spouses - Florida Conference
- Public Speaking Tips
- Understanding Your Brothers and Sisters-First Nations People
- Domestic Violence: What Church Leaders Should Know
- Reasons For Domestic Violence & Why it Continues
- How to Resolve Marital Conflict
- When Should You Refer?
- Ministering to Male Ministerial Spouses
- Congregational Expectations of a Male Ministerial Spouse
- On the Move for Jesus!
- Holiday Outreach Ideas
- Planning a Mission Trip
- Southern Union MS Advisory Ministers in Guam
- Spiritual Gifts & Evangelism preparation
- Transformational Evangelism handouts
- The Time is Now!
- Mentoring for PKs
- Impacting Your Community with a Prayer Breakfast
- Like Little Children: Assisting Children to Pray
- Pray One Million
- Planning a Retreat for Pastors' Spouses
- Report of Asian Ministries
- Spouses' Meeting Ideas
- My Life in Savoonga
- The Benefits of Team Ministry
- Together for a Purpose - Finding a Shared Ministry
- Introduction Letter
- Re-Organizing Your Priorities
- Ways to Include the Family in Ministry
- 10 Commandments of Christian Finance
- Impact of Adventist Education on Ministerial Families
- Connecting through Social Media
- Hospitality: what I didn't learn from Martha
- Financial Infidelity
- Financial Makeover
- A Sermon in Shoes
- Divinely Favored
- Forsaken by Parents but Taken in By God
- Grace in Living Color
- Hello, My Name Is…"Oh, You're Dave's Wife"
- I Simply Remember My Favorite Things ….
- My Faithful God
- Stumbling Through Life
- The Other Side of Stewardship - Delayed Blessings
- First Things First
- Complain and Blame or Pray and Praise?
- Four Quaker Questions
- Receiving with Grace
- The Unique You
- The Joy of Waiting
- The Secret to Satisfaction
- When God Becomes Vulnerable
- Balancing Church and Family
- The Attitude of Gratitude
- In Times of Loss: Surviving Spousal Benefits
- Boost Your Body, Brain, and Mood
- Embracing Courage
- Emotional Intelligence A Biblical Understanding
- Lessons from Peanut
- The Power You Have
- Pastoral Burnout
- 7 Steps for Maintaining an Exercise Routine
- Asian/Pacific Ministry Reports
- Facilitating Small Group Discussion
- A Safe Church for our Children
- Helping Troubled Members
- Every Church A House of Prayer!
- Getting Started
- Befriending Clergy Spouses of Other Faith Communities
- NAD Ministerial Spouses Association Overview
- Building Your Team