Ministerial Spouses Association
Ministerial Spouse Leaders Toolkit
Dear Conference and Mission Ministerial Spouse Leaders:
We are pleased to introduce the new NAD Ministerial Spouse Leaders’ Tool Kit! This resource is coming to you because you are a part of the 70 plus conference, union and division ministerial spouse (MS) leadership team assembled across the North American Division!
Though our group shares a richly diverse background - from different countries, mother tongues, spiritual gifts, interests, personality types, and levels of involvement in ministry, we are united by the One who has called us into service and Who first gave everything for us.
The tool kit is a collaborative effort to share the ideas and experiences of over 100 effective leaders and others. We are profoundly grateful to the media ministries, and the conference, union and General Conference departments that have generously enriched the kit content.
A quick overview of this resource:
- Section 1 - introduces you to our nine union conference ministerial spouse leaders.
- Section 11 - suggests how to start up a ministry for ministerial spouses.
- Section 111 – gives ministry / program ideas for your ministry and other resources that
could benefit your MS personally and their leadership role in their congregations.
- Section 1V – a version of our electronic magazine - At Home Conversation Starters –
with 18 videos embedded in articles plus questions to stimulate dialogue.
- Section V – 2015 CALLED Convention spouses’ plenary session speakers.
Access this resource free on our website at: http://www.nadministerial.org/MSLeadersToolkit
and for info on an unpublished MS Speakers List, email: DonnaJackson@nadadventist.org .
This resource, a first-of-its-kind for NAD MS leaders, is version 1.0. We invite your ideas for updates.
May God’s blessing be on you as you use this resource to build His kingdom,
Ivan L. Williams, Sr., D.Min. Donna Jackson, B.A.
NAD Ministerial Director NAD Ministerial Spouses Assoc. Leader
- Building a Team
- Director's Introduction Letter
- Forsaken by Parents but Taken in By God
- Ministerial Spouses Keep it Real Responses
- NAD Mission, Vision, Values and Objectives
- Questions for a pastor’s spouse …
- Only by Love
- Delighting in God
- Enjoying the Closeness of God
- God, Show Me How to Love You
- Resources for Parents re Education
- When Loss is Gain
- On the Ministerial Spouse Journey
- Identifying Your Place as a Minister's Spouse
- Married to a Minister
- Coaches Training for Pastors' Spouses - Florida Conference
- Public Speaking Tips
- Understanding Your Brothers and Sisters-First Nations People
- Domestic Violence: What Church Leaders Should Know
- Reasons For Domestic Violence & Why it Continues
- How to Resolve Marital Conflict
- When Should You Refer?
- Ministering to Male Ministerial Spouses
- Congregational Expectations of a Male Ministerial Spouse
- On the Move for Jesus!
- Holiday Outreach Ideas
- Planning a Mission Trip
- Southern Union MS Advisory Ministers in Guam
- Spiritual Gifts & Evangelism preparation
- Transformational Evangelism handouts
- The Time is Now!
- Mentoring for PKs
- Impacting Your Community with a Prayer Breakfast
- Like Little Children: Assisting Children to Pray
- Pray One Million
- Planning a Retreat for Pastors' Spouses
- Report of Asian Ministries
- Spouses' Meeting Ideas
- My Life in Savoonga
- The Benefits of Team Ministry
- Together for a Purpose - Finding a Shared Ministry
- Introduction Letter
- Re-Organizing Your Priorities
- Ways to Include the Family in Ministry
- 10 Commandments of Christian Finance
- Impact of Adventist Education on Ministerial Families
- Connecting through Social Media
- Hospitality: what I didn't learn from Martha
- Financial Infidelity
- Financial Makeover
- A Sermon in Shoes
- Divinely Favored
- Forsaken by Parents but Taken in By God
- Grace in Living Color
- Hello, My Name Is…"Oh, You're Dave's Wife"
- I Simply Remember My Favorite Things ….
- My Faithful God
- Stumbling Through Life
- The Other Side of Stewardship - Delayed Blessings
- First Things First
- Complain and Blame or Pray and Praise?
- Four Quaker Questions
- Receiving with Grace
- The Unique You
- The Joy of Waiting
- The Secret to Satisfaction
- When God Becomes Vulnerable
- Balancing Church and Family
- The Attitude of Gratitude
- In Times of Loss: Surviving Spousal Benefits
- Boost Your Body, Brain, and Mood
- Embracing Courage
- Emotional Intelligence A Biblical Understanding
- Lessons from Peanut
- The Power You Have
- Pastoral Burnout
- 7 Steps for Maintaining an Exercise Routine
- Asian/Pacific Ministry Reports
- Facilitating Small Group Discussion
- A Safe Church for our Children
- Helping Troubled Members
- Every Church A House of Prayer!
- Getting Started
- Befriending Clergy Spouses of Other Faith Communities
- NAD Ministerial Spouses Association Overview
- Building Your Team