Public Evangelism Resources
A Turning Point in Adventist Evangelism in North America
by Jose Cortes Jr.
We should not venture into 2016 without renewing our commitment to be the people of hope, compassion, and wholeness to our families, neighborhoods, cities, and nations in our territory. The year 2016 could be a turning point in Adventist Evangelism in North America if we decide that we will intentionally collaborate, partner, and invest in loving people in our communities across the United States, Canada, Bermuda, and the islands of Guam and Micronesia, all together at the same time.
Under the direction of our North American Division President, Pastor Dan Jackson, and in collaboration with our Leadership Team, Unions, Conferences, Church Pastors and leaders, we have worked on several missional initiatives which will encourage us in our calling for 2016 and beyond. The objective is to help our churches in North America to work together in the mission, involving all of our members, and allowing people in our communities to realize how much God loves them and how important they are to us Adventists.
These missional initiatives are not intrusive, they are not meant to replace the great plans our local churches already have in place. These initiatives can be central or complementary; they can be the plan or be the help to enhance the plan that is already in place. They are great opportunities for our North American Church to unite and get inspired to do what Jesus does best, and that is, to love people. We pray they will be the launching pad to a paradigm shift in Adventist culture and lifestyle.
If we work together and receive the blessing of the Holy Spirit, 2016 can be a year unlike any other before, a turning point in Adventism for North America. It is time to lead, follow, collaborate, and venture into 2016 as an active part of the Church that proclaims the hope for a better future by blessing people in the present.
Pastor Jose Cortes Jr., is an Associate Ministerial Director and Leads Evangelism for the Adventist Church in North America.
- Compassion Boston - A Historic Evangelistic Journey in the Northeast
- Different at the Expense of God’s Love?
- A Lifestyle of Compassion is Real Evangelism by Jose Cortes Jr.
- Truth that is not Afraid of Innovation!
- Season Of Service, Fueled by Compassion by Roger Hernandez
- A Movement Must Have Momentum
- Offertory Reading Appeal for April 30, 2016
- Day of Hope & Compassion - Columbia, MD Projects Signup Form
- A Grand Collaboration of Effort and Spirit for Mission
- Rules for the Digital Road
- Compassion 10Million
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - January 29, 2016
- Some of Our Churches Are Dying, Why Plant More?
- The Story of The Grace Place
- Compassion and the Christmas Season
- Plant 1000 - #plant1000
- Day of Hope & Compassion - #dayofhope #compassion10m
- Compassion 10 Million - #compassion10m
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - Special Year End Meetings 2015 Edition (Initiatives & Funding)
- A Turning Point in Adventist Evangelism in North America
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - September 30, 2015
- My Visit with a Homeless Pastor
- Seven Days Without - Episode #1
- Seven Days Homeless Video Report
- Seven Days Without - Episode #2
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - August 21, 2015
- Evangelism Shark Tank Update #1 - Pastor Mike Dauncey, Aldergrove Adventist Church, British Columbia Conference, Canada
- A Conspiracy in North America (Part 2)
- Is Your Church Visitor Friendly?
- A Conspiracy in North America
- Two $50,000.00 Grants for Transformational Evangelism Distributed
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - July 23, 2015
- Compassion Boston—10,000 Meals
- Evangelism Shark Tank - Over $120,000.00 Given Out for Innovative Evangelism Initiatives
- Young Adults & College Students ONLY - COMPASSION Austin - Tuesday, June 30, 2015 (8:30 AM - 12:30 PM)
- Evangelism Shark Tank Finalists
- Get Out and Venture Outside the Walls
- Memorial Day Message
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - May 21, 2015
- Planting More SEEDS
- Who Can the Church Love?
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - April 24, 2015
- Global Mission Report: $360,000.00 Distributed Among 50 New Church Plants
- What is Your Church Doing For Community Mothers on Mother's Day Weekend
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - March 18, 2015
- More Compassion in San Antonio by Armando Miranda Jr.
- A Miracle in the Making
- Forever Relevant
- Seven Days of Miracles
- The First Thing You Do at a New Church
- Current Experiences in Personal Evangelism
- Answering the Ultimate Question
- Fishing with Crickets
- NY13 Begins Health Outreach with Let's Move Day
- In Behalf of Some of Us
- Finding Christ in Sin City
- North American Evangelism: Important Information