Public Evangelism Resources
A Grand Collaboration of Effort and Spirit for Mission
by Dan Jackson
I want to personally thank you for everything you do for the advancement of God's kingdom in your communities and in your churches. I am grateful for this because mission must be at the very top, front, and center of our agenda.
I believe that in order to be effective in reaching others that we must have a united vision which leads us all in the same direction. We also need an ongoing and active conversation, which empowers our pastors, congregations, and institutions to reach people within their sphere of influence. This is why during our 2015 Year-End Meetings our North American Division Executive Committee voted three very significant outreach initiatives.
The purpose of these initiatives is not to intrude in the work that you are doing locally, but to ask for your cooperation in building a grand collaboration of effort and spirit for mission throughout this vast territory.
The Initiatives are:
Compassion 10 Million: Engaging every member in mission by investing 10 million hours sharing the love of God and the compassion of Jesus in practical ways with our communities, outside the walls of our churches during 2016. For more info and some funding opportunities check: www.compassionmovement.org
Plant 1000: Planting 1000 new community churches across the United States, Canada, Bermuda, and the islands of Guam and Micronesia. Sadly, there are many who live in our cities and towns, which still do not have access to a Seventh-day Adventist Church. We envision the day when we have a church for every 25,000 inhabitants in North America. If your congregation is interested in planting a new community church, feel free to go to: www.nadchurchplant.org
Day of Hope & Compassion: We have set aside the weekend of April 16-17 (Saturday & Sunday) to celebrate the fact that we Adventists are the people of Hope and Compassion. During this weekend, we would love to see each one of our members engaged in some type of mission outreach in the community: (1) Intentional acts of compassion in our neighborhoods and communities;
(2) Distribution of literature which is practical and will help to improve the lives of families and individuals in our neighborhoods; (3) A Social Media campaign, which will proclaim Hope and Compassion through post and photos in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other Social Media outlets (hashtags: #dayofhope #compassion10m). The purpose of the Day of Hope and
Compassion is to activate Adventists in our churches, schools, and hospitals, all at the same time, in Jesus’ lifestyle of love, service, and mission. For more info & ideas, please go to: www.compassionmovement.org.
There is a tremendous amount of influence and effectiveness in the people of God praying and working united. If we all engage and invest in working together across the Division, we will help transform communities, our message will spread, and our churches will be filled with people who are saved and expect the Second Coming of Jesus.
Click on this link for Posters, bulletin inserts, and other materials, which promote these initiatives. Take time to look into these missional initiatives and engage your members in this movement of outreach awakening in North America.
Thank you so much for giving High Priority to this very important matter!
May God continue to bless your efforts for Him.
Dan Jackson is the President of the Adventist Church in North America
- Compassion Boston - A Historic Evangelistic Journey in the Northeast
- Different at the Expense of God’s Love?
- A Lifestyle of Compassion is Real Evangelism by Jose Cortes Jr.
- Truth that is not Afraid of Innovation!
- Season Of Service, Fueled by Compassion by Roger Hernandez
- A Movement Must Have Momentum
- Offertory Reading Appeal for April 30, 2016
- Day of Hope & Compassion - Columbia, MD Projects Signup Form
- A Grand Collaboration of Effort and Spirit for Mission
- Rules for the Digital Road
- Compassion 10Million
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - January 29, 2016
- Some of Our Churches Are Dying, Why Plant More?
- The Story of The Grace Place
- Compassion and the Christmas Season
- Plant 1000 - #plant1000
- Day of Hope & Compassion - #dayofhope #compassion10m
- Compassion 10 Million - #compassion10m
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - Special Year End Meetings 2015 Edition (Initiatives & Funding)
- A Turning Point in Adventist Evangelism in North America
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - September 30, 2015
- My Visit with a Homeless Pastor
- Seven Days Without - Episode #1
- Seven Days Homeless Video Report
- Seven Days Without - Episode #2
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - August 21, 2015
- Evangelism Shark Tank Update #1 - Pastor Mike Dauncey, Aldergrove Adventist Church, British Columbia Conference, Canada
- A Conspiracy in North America (Part 2)
- Is Your Church Visitor Friendly?
- A Conspiracy in North America
- Two $50,000.00 Grants for Transformational Evangelism Distributed
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - July 23, 2015
- Compassion Boston—10,000 Meals
- Evangelism Shark Tank - Over $120,000.00 Given Out for Innovative Evangelism Initiatives
- Young Adults & College Students ONLY - COMPASSION Austin - Tuesday, June 30, 2015 (8:30 AM - 12:30 PM)
- Evangelism Shark Tank Finalists
- Get Out and Venture Outside the Walls
- Memorial Day Message
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - May 21, 2015
- Planting More SEEDS
- Who Can the Church Love?
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - April 24, 2015
- Global Mission Report: $360,000.00 Distributed Among 50 New Church Plants
- What is Your Church Doing For Community Mothers on Mother's Day Weekend
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - March 18, 2015
- More Compassion in San Antonio by Armando Miranda Jr.
- A Miracle in the Making
- Forever Relevant
- Seven Days of Miracles
- The First Thing You Do at a New Church
- Current Experiences in Personal Evangelism
- Answering the Ultimate Question
- Fishing with Crickets
- NY13 Begins Health Outreach with Let's Move Day
- In Behalf of Some of Us
- Finding Christ in Sin City
- North American Evangelism: Important Information