Ministerial Spouses Association
Fresh Strength Newsletter
Friends and Fellowship
March 1–3, 2013, found 55 young ladies attending the Seminary Spouses in Ministry Retreat. The retreat was held at Five Pines Ministries Retreat Center in Berrien Center, Michigan.
The theme for this year's retreat was "Bridging the Gap," and programming focused on nurturing one's spiritual life while engaged in full-time life/ministry as a pastor's spouse. We were blessed to have Janet Page, an associate in the General Conference Ministerial Department, as the main presenter, and Leah Page as the minister of music. Two health workshops were conducted by Aquarius Jones and Raquel DeJesus, both Seminary spouses.
The retreat included time for prayer, journaling, visiting, time in nature and fun. Delicious meals were provided, and there was a special time for pampering and other fun activities.
Many positive comments were received at the end of the weekend. It was truly a Spirit-filled weekend, which helped to bond the ladies closer to God and to each other.
Ministry highlights shared by Lisa Clouzet
Andrews University Theological Seminary assistant professor of theology and chaplaincy
Photos by Paula Arrais
- Pastors Wives Minister in Great Bend
- 15 Pastors Spouses Work Together in Phoenix
- Kentucky-Tennessee Conference Ministerial Spouses Retreat
- Ministerial Spouses’ PELC Gathering at Oakwood University
- Andrews University Seminary Spouses in Ministry Retreat
- Michigan Conference Ministry Wives Sleepover
- Southern Union Ministerial Spouses Connect
- Columbia Union Conference Administrators Wives Weekend Retreat
- Lake Union Conference Presidents Cabinet and Spouses Retreat
- Indiana Ministerial Spouses Enjoy Fun-filled Spiritual Retreat
- Michigan Conference Ministry Spouses Group Grows
- Rocky Mountain Conference Ministerial Spouses Blessed by Fellowship
- Alberta Conference Shepherdess
- Allegheny East Conference Shepherdess Retreat
- Kansas-Nebraska Conference ministerial spouses blessed by retreat