Public Evangelism Resources
by Jose Cortes Jr.
GOD LOVES YOU!
I have been in some places, in which I almost felt as if I had to apologize for talking about God’s love. I’ve been told that God’s love is the soft food, the milk, the spiritual baby food but I am not a baby, I’ve been in this church for 42 years, and every time I hear a preacher or anyone say “GOD LOVES YOU” I get this feeling all over, my heart beats faster, my joy skyrockets, and my brain awakes to the deep thought that I am a sinner, I am messed up, yet GOD LOVES ME. The depth of the thought is just mysterious and immeasurable. Yes, I know we heard this before, but do we really believe it? He knows your life and He loves you. He knows my struggles and He is so good that He still loves me. He knows the thoughts in our heads and He loves us!
Not long ago, while talking about God’s love, I was rebuked with the following statement: “The love of God is important but everybody talks about that, we need to talk about other things because we are different.” My reply was immediate: “Really? Are we going to be different at the expense of God’s love. No way! God’s love is the most complete and solid teaching we have as Adventists. Anything else can be milk, but God’s love is by far the most important Biblical principle, and the most solid truth we have ever possessed as a church.
Think about it:
- without God’s love there is no Creation,
- without God’s love there is no Cross,
- without God’s love there is no Resurrection,
- without God’s love there is no Sanctuary, no Second Coming, no Health Message, no Commandments
- without God’s Love there is no Church,
- without God’s Love there is NOTHING.
God’s love is the greatest and the major Present Truth of the Bible. Anything else can be the milk or the baby food, but God’s love is the most solid and complete teaching that we, as Adventists, can find in all of Scripture. It must be our central preaching subject and our biggest selling point, as a Church.
Dear Church leader, Pastor, Outreach Leader, Evangelist, and School of Evangelism Instructor, in the name of Jesus: Do not dare to run an outreach program, an evangelism initiative, or anything in your church or school, without making God’s Love front and center. If anything else is occupying the center or the front of your mission and programs, you are just creating the XXI Century Club of Pharisees, and remember, Pharisees were good at killing Jesus and not very good at evangelism.
Never forget, GOD LOVES YOU! Please, tell them, with your actions and your words!
Pastor Jose Cortes Jr., is an Associate Ministerial Director and Leads Evangelism for the Adventist Church in North America.
- Compassion Boston - A Historic Evangelistic Journey in the Northeast
- Different at the Expense of God’s Love?
- A Lifestyle of Compassion is Real Evangelism by Jose Cortes Jr.
- Truth that is not Afraid of Innovation!
- Season Of Service, Fueled by Compassion by Roger Hernandez
- A Movement Must Have Momentum
- Offertory Reading Appeal for April 30, 2016
- Day of Hope & Compassion - Columbia, MD Projects Signup Form
- A Grand Collaboration of Effort and Spirit for Mission
- Rules for the Digital Road
- Compassion 10Million
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - January 29, 2016
- Some of Our Churches Are Dying, Why Plant More?
- The Story of The Grace Place
- Compassion and the Christmas Season
- Plant 1000 - #plant1000
- Day of Hope & Compassion - #dayofhope #compassion10m
- Compassion 10 Million - #compassion10m
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - Special Year End Meetings 2015 Edition (Initiatives & Funding)
- A Turning Point in Adventist Evangelism in North America
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - September 30, 2015
- My Visit with a Homeless Pastor
- Seven Days Without - Episode #1
- Seven Days Homeless Video Report
- Seven Days Without - Episode #2
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - August 21, 2015
- Evangelism Shark Tank Update #1 - Pastor Mike Dauncey, Aldergrove Adventist Church, British Columbia Conference, Canada
- A Conspiracy in North America (Part 2)
- Is Your Church Visitor Friendly?
- A Conspiracy in North America
- Two $50,000.00 Grants for Transformational Evangelism Distributed
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - July 23, 2015
- Compassion Boston—10,000 Meals
- Evangelism Shark Tank - Over $120,000.00 Given Out for Innovative Evangelism Initiatives
- Young Adults & College Students ONLY - COMPASSION Austin - Tuesday, June 30, 2015 (8:30 AM - 12:30 PM)
- Evangelism Shark Tank Finalists
- Get Out and Venture Outside the Walls
- Memorial Day Message
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - May 21, 2015
- Planting More SEEDS
- Who Can the Church Love?
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - April 24, 2015
- Global Mission Report: $360,000.00 Distributed Among 50 New Church Plants
- What is Your Church Doing For Community Mothers on Mother's Day Weekend
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - March 18, 2015
- More Compassion in San Antonio by Armando Miranda Jr.
- A Miracle in the Making
- Forever Relevant
- Seven Days of Miracles
- The First Thing You Do at a New Church
- Current Experiences in Personal Evangelism
- Answering the Ultimate Question
- Fishing with Crickets
- NY13 Begins Health Outreach with Let's Move Day
- In Behalf of Some of Us
- Finding Christ in Sin City
- North American Evangelism: Important Information