Public Evangelism Resources
Moms everywhere need to be reminded, or told for the first time, in practical ways, that God loves them, that He sees them, and cares for them. God does that through us, His followers, and through His church.
Mother's Day Weekend (May 8-10, 2015) is a special time, in which people across the North American Division territory (United States, Canada, Bermuda, Guam and Micronesia) celebrate and honor mothers. It is a time that our church must use to show the Love of God and the Compassion of Jesus to the women who continually do so much to bless humanity. Don't let this weekend go by without doing something big for the mothers in the church, as well as for the mothers in the community outside the four walls of the church. Be creative showing them the Love of God and the Compassion of Jesus. This is Evangelism.
As you prepare to minister to mothers during Mother’s Day, please keep in mind “The Wide Spectrum of Mothering”.
The Wide Spectrum of Mothering - By Amy Young (http://messymiddle.com)
To those who gave birth this year to their first child—we celebrate with you
To those who lost a child this year – we mourn with you
To those who are in the trenches with little ones every day and wear the badge of food stains – we appreciate you
To those who experienced loss through miscarriage, failed adoptions, or running away—we mourn with you
To those who walk the hard path of infertility, fraught with pokes, prods, tears, and disappointment – we walk with you. Forgive us when we say foolish things. We don’t mean to make this harder than it is.
To those who are foster moms, mentor moms, and spiritual moms – we need you
To those who have warm and close relationships with your children – we celebrate with you
To those who have disappointment, heart ache, and distance with your children – we sit with you
To those who lost their mothers this year – we grieve with you
To those who experienced abuse at the hands of your own mother – we acknowledge your experience
To those who lived through driving tests, medical tests, and the overall testing of motherhood – we are better for having you in our midst
To those who have aborted children – we remember them and you on this day
To those who are single and long to be married and mothering your own children – we mourn that life has not turned out the way you longed for it to be
To those who step-parent – we walk with you on these complex paths
To those who envisioned lavishing love on grandchildren -yet that dream is not to be, we grieve with you
To those who will have emptier nests in the upcoming year – we grieve and rejoice with you
To those who placed children up for adoption — we commend you for your selflessness and remember how you hold that child in your heart
And to those who are pregnant with new life, both expected and surprising –we anticipate with you
This Mother’s Day, we walk with you. Mothering is not for the faint of heart and we have real warriors in our midst. We remember you.
- Compassion Boston - A Historic Evangelistic Journey in the Northeast
- Different at the Expense of God’s Love?
- A Lifestyle of Compassion is Real Evangelism by Jose Cortes Jr.
- Truth that is not Afraid of Innovation!
- Season Of Service, Fueled by Compassion by Roger Hernandez
- A Movement Must Have Momentum
- Offertory Reading Appeal for April 30, 2016
- Day of Hope & Compassion - Columbia, MD Projects Signup Form
- A Grand Collaboration of Effort and Spirit for Mission
- Rules for the Digital Road
- Compassion 10Million
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - January 29, 2016
- Some of Our Churches Are Dying, Why Plant More?
- The Story of The Grace Place
- Compassion and the Christmas Season
- Plant 1000 - #plant1000
- Day of Hope & Compassion - #dayofhope #compassion10m
- Compassion 10 Million - #compassion10m
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - Special Year End Meetings 2015 Edition (Initiatives & Funding)
- A Turning Point in Adventist Evangelism in North America
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - September 30, 2015
- My Visit with a Homeless Pastor
- Seven Days Without - Episode #1
- Seven Days Homeless Video Report
- Seven Days Without - Episode #2
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - August 21, 2015
- Evangelism Shark Tank Update #1 - Pastor Mike Dauncey, Aldergrove Adventist Church, British Columbia Conference, Canada
- A Conspiracy in North America (Part 2)
- Is Your Church Visitor Friendly?
- A Conspiracy in North America
- Two $50,000.00 Grants for Transformational Evangelism Distributed
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - July 23, 2015
- Compassion Boston—10,000 Meals
- Evangelism Shark Tank - Over $120,000.00 Given Out for Innovative Evangelism Initiatives
- Young Adults & College Students ONLY - COMPASSION Austin - Tuesday, June 30, 2015 (8:30 AM - 12:30 PM)
- Evangelism Shark Tank Finalists
- Get Out and Venture Outside the Walls
- Memorial Day Message
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - May 21, 2015
- Planting More SEEDS
- Who Can the Church Love?
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - April 24, 2015
- Global Mission Report: $360,000.00 Distributed Among 50 New Church Plants
- What is Your Church Doing For Community Mothers on Mother's Day Weekend
- Best Practices for Adventist Evangelism - March 18, 2015
- More Compassion in San Antonio by Armando Miranda Jr.
- A Miracle in the Making
- Forever Relevant
- Seven Days of Miracles
- The First Thing You Do at a New Church
- Current Experiences in Personal Evangelism
- Answering the Ultimate Question
- Fishing with Crickets
- NY13 Begins Health Outreach with Let's Move Day
- In Behalf of Some of Us
- Finding Christ in Sin City
- North American Evangelism: Important Information