Ministerial Spouses Association
Fresh Strength Newsletter
Friends and Fellowship
Ministerial Spouses’ PELC Gathering at Oakwood University
Under the direction of Linda Penick, Coordinator for the Pastoral Evangelism Leadership Council (PELC) Ministerial Spouses’ track, 50-60 ministers’ wives enjoyed fellowship and inspiration on December 7-9, 2014 at Oakwood University in Huntsville, Alabama.
The women, hailing from the United States, Bermuda and Canada, met for 2 days allowing the Holy Spirit to fall and minister to the needs of each individual spouse attending the meeting. As the speakers Donna Jackson, Eunice Baker and Sandy Reyes took their position in representing God and speaking the words given to them by the guidance of the Holy Spirit, lives were changed and victories were claimed. Personal attention was provided through chair massages by Osceola Howard and Kyle Baker and a lovely luncheon was provided through the provision of the Ministerial Spouses leadership.
316, the theme for the council, permeated the spouses’ presentations and Linda Penick’s challenge: “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
The charge given was to concentrate on the four highlighted words, God, gave, whosoever, life. Linda presented three questions: First, What are those words saying to you? Secondly, Do you really believe what it says? Thirdly, How are you applying this concept to your life? The practical application being BEFORE ministering to others - the gospel must resonate in our lives and we will treat ourselves well and share that with others! This is how we LIVE John 3:16!
Written by Linda Penick
- Pastors Wives Minister in Great Bend
- 15 Pastors Spouses Work Together in Phoenix
- Kentucky-Tennessee Conference Ministerial Spouses Retreat
- Ministerial Spouses’ PELC Gathering at Oakwood University
- Andrews University Seminary Spouses in Ministry Retreat
- Michigan Conference Ministry Wives Sleepover
- Southern Union Ministerial Spouses Connect
- Columbia Union Conference Administrators Wives Weekend Retreat
- Lake Union Conference Presidents Cabinet and Spouses Retreat
- Indiana Ministerial Spouses Enjoy Fun-filled Spiritual Retreat
- Michigan Conference Ministry Spouses Group Grows
- Rocky Mountain Conference Ministerial Spouses Blessed by Fellowship
- Alberta Conference Shepherdess
- Allegheny East Conference Shepherdess Retreat
- Kansas-Nebraska Conference ministerial spouses blessed by retreat